Thin Mint Ice Cream
Updated: Jun 7, 2019
March is creeping up on us and you know what that means, a new season is upon us. That is GIRL SCOUT COOKIE SEASON! Before they all disappear from your pantry I wanted to post a few ideas for you guys (other than eating an entire sleeve of course). This was my second go around with my new ice cream maker and I was pleasantly surprised with this recipe. I have a Ben and Jerry's cookbook (Bible) that I have been using to get familiar with ice cream ingredient ratios. This is my adaption of their Oreo mint recipe and it is fabulous. If your Girl Scout Cookies have not arrived yet (or you can't bring yourself to crushing them) you can use Keebler Grasshopper cookies. They taste the same and are half the price!
1 cup crushed Thin Mint cookies (or Keebler Grasshopper cookies)
2 pasteurized eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup 2% milk
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
20 drops green food coloring
1. Refrigerate crushed cookies until ice cream is ready.
2. Place all remaining ingredients in blender and mix well.
3. Transfer ice cream mixture to ice cream maker and freeze following manufacturers instructions.
4. Once the ice cream stiffens (with about 3 minutes remaining) add the crushed cookies. After 3-5 more minutes the cookies should be evenly incorporated.
5. Transfer ice cream to ice cream container (or air tight container). Freeze overnight for best consistency.