Updated: Oct 12, 2020
These raspberries were picked from the farm!
1-1/2 cups fresh berries (I used all raspberries - you can also use blueberries, blackberries, or a mixture of different kinds)
1/2 cup fruit preserves or jam (I used mixed berry - again you can use whatever flavor you enjoy!)
8 oz cream cheese (room temp)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
1 teaspoon orange juice (optional)
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed in refrigerator
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sugar, vanilla, almond, and orange juice. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, add preserves and stir a few times until smooth. Gently fold in berries until coated.
4. Slice each puff pastry into 9 squares and place them on the baking sheets (9 on each sheet).
5. Spread pastry with the cream cheese mixture, and top with a dollop of berries, 4-5 berries in the center of each square. Bake each pan for 15 minutes until golden brown. Sift some powdered sugar over the top of pastries if you like!