Updated: Oct 12, 2020
Not too dense, with pockets of marshmallows, these treats will be your favorite summer snack!
1 stick unsalted butter (room temp)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 - 10 oz bags mini marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1. Melt butter in pot over low heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes until it starts to bubble.
2. Stir in vanilla and salt.
3. Add all but 2 cups of the mini marshmallows. Stir mixture until marshmallows are completely melted.
4. In a separate bowl, add cereal. With a rubber spatula, pour in marshmallow mixture and stir until evenly combined.
5. Add the remaining marshmallows and stir until partially melted, but still retain their shape. The pockets of marshmallows are the best part!
6. Use the butter wrapper to grease a 9x13 inch pan. Gently press down the Rice Krispies into an even layer on prepared pan. Tip - Don't press too hard or the treats will be too dense, you want soft melt in your mouth squares! Press on some sprinkles if desired.