For Cookies -
3/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup mashed overripe bananas
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In an electric mixer, cream shortening and sugar until smooth.
3. Scrape the sides of the bowl, beat in egg and vanilla.
4. Fold in the mashed banana, baking soda and flour until combined.
5. Using a cookie scoop, drop dough onto parchment paper. Bake for 9 minutes. Cool completely before frosting - recipe below.
For Frosting -
1 stick unsalted butter (room temp)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 TB honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon milk
1. Beat all ingredients until smooth.
2. Frost cookies when completely cooled. I was feeling a fancy star tip but you can certainly just use a knife!