Updated: Oct 12, 2020
2 sticks unsalted butter (room temp)
1 - 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 - 3/4 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine butter and sugar in an electric mixture and blend until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
3. Beat in egg, vanilla and almond extract. Scrape the sides of the bowl once again.
4. Gently blend in the remainder of the ingredients. Continue beating slowly until a cookie dough ball forms.
5. Using a 1/8 cup, scoop cookie dough and roll into balls. Optional - In a small bowl, add a bit of sugar. Coat dough balls completely in sugar and set on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Slightly flatten down each dough ball and sprinkle tops with sugar.
5. Bake for 8-9 minutes. They will still look soft, so let them cool about 5-10 minutes until they start to firm up.