Spooky Oreo Truffles
Updated: Apr 18, 2019
So I warned you I love all things Halloween. I brought these cuties to a fall Birthday party and they were a huge hit. It really doesn't get much better than Oreos and chocolate...unless you add peanut butter I guess. Enjoy the first of many Oreo Truffle variations!
40 regular Oreos (family size pack)
6 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
12 oz white almond bark
1 bag orange chocolate discs (Wilton)
2 oz green chocolate discs (Wilton)
4 oz milk chocolate (or chocolate chips)
1. Crush Oreos in food processor or crush in plastic bag.
2. Combine crushed Oreos and cream cheese in electric mixer until it forms a ball.
3. Roll mixture into balls. I use a melon baller so all of them are the same size. Place on a cookie sheet.
4. Put a toothpick in the center of each ball and freeze 1 hour.
5. Melt the almond bark according to package directions stirring frequently. Do not microwave too long or chocolate will burn.
6. Twist each ball off frozen cookie sheet. Do not grab it by toothpick or it will come out of the ball.
7. Dip the balls in chocolate completely. Tap to remove excess chocolate and scrape bottom of the ball on side of bowl. Place on wax paper to harden.
8. Spin the toothpicks out once chocolate begins to harden.
9. Cover toothpick holes with almond bark.
For Ghosts - Dip in white chocolate. Use a candy squeeze bottle to make eyes and mouth with melted milk chocolate.
For Pumpkins - Dip in orange chocolate. Pipe on stems with green chocolate.
For Spiderwebs - Dip in white chocolate. Immediately after dipping, draw a bullseye on top with milk chocolate. Drag a toothpick down the ball 6x while both chocolates are soft.