Snowman Cookie Cups
Updated: Apr 18, 2019
Do you wanna build a snowman? Well you are in the right place! Here's a spin on your classic peanut butter kiss cookies. Aren't they just adorable?! I used the fairly new white chocolate Reese's cups. They can be hard to find but I found them at my local Walgreens. Peanut butter cookies + peanut butter cups = a party favorite!
1 bag white chocolate Reese's cups (unwrapped and put in a plastic bag)
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
black and orange Wilton decorating frosting (found in most stores)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Put Reese's cups in freezer now until ready to use.
3. In a medium bowl, mix sugar and egg until combined and fluffy. Stir in peanut butter until smooth.
4. Let dough sit for 5-10 minutes on the counter (it becomes easier to scoop).
5. Using a cookie scoop, spoon dough into each mini muffin tin. Do not press down - leave as is. Bake for 9 minutes.
6. Remove cookies from oven. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
7. Pop all of the cookies gently out of the tins (I flip over on a cookie sheet and tap on each cup). After all cookies are removed from the cups, put them right back in. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it helps to not disturb the chocolate when removing later.
8. Remove the peanut butter cups from freezer. Quickly place them in the center of each cup pressing down firmly until cookie rises up evenly with the chocolate. Place entire pan in the refrigerator for 30 minutes until the chocolate is firm.
9. Time to decorate! I fill a piping bag with each color and a Wilton circle tip to decorate the snowman's face. It was actually a lot easier than I though it would be. The frosting was the perfect consistency for the job. Happy building!