Updated: Oct 19, 2018
Prepare yourself. I have a pretty big obsession with s'mores. Not just the s'mores by the campfire, but any dessert with s'mores in the title. We had a S'mores Bar station at our wedding and they even made an appearance in our engagement photos (and our wedding hashtag). So this will be the first of MANY s'mores themed dessert items. So much so that I have a whole category dedicated to them.
I do this in 2 batches so they can fit in a freezer bag to coat evenly.
Total to buy for 2 batches / One batch amount
1 box - 10 cups rice chex cereal / 5 cups cereal
1 bag semisweet chocolate chips / 1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup cookie butter / 1/2 cup cookie butter
1 stick unsalted butter / 1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla / 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar / 2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups mini marshmallows
2 cups graham cereal
*note - I replaced the peanut butter with cookie butter to achieve more of a graham taste. I used Biscoff brand but any type will work.
1. In a large bowl, add 5 cups of cereal and set aside.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips, cookie butter and butter for 1 minute. Stir and microwave 30 seconds longer until mixture can be stirred smooth.
3. Stir in vanilla.
4. Pour mixture over cereal and stir gently until evenly coated. I use a wooden spoon.
5. Pour 1 cup of the powdered sugar into large zip lock bag. Pour the cereal mixture over it and remaining cup of powdered sugar on top.
6. Seal bag and shake until coated, gently squeezing to break up any large chunks.
7. Spread mixture over wax paper to cool for 5 minutes.
8. Repeat steps one more time for second batch. Store in air tight container.
9. When pouring into storage container, spread marshmallows and graham cereal throughout.