Best Ever Puppy Chow
Updated: Oct 27, 2019
I know you are wondering how there could possibly be different recipes for the classic puppy chow. Well let me tell you this is the BEST EVER. Do you know why? Well have you ever tried to pick out the pieces that were extra powdery and overly filled with peanut butter chocolate goodness? Well every single square is going to be coated perfectly in this recipe. I added extra of EVERYTHING.
I do this in 2 batches so they can fit in a freezer bag to coat evenly.
Total to buy for 2 batches / One batch amount
1 box - 10 cups Rice Chex cereal / 5 cups cereal
1 bag semisweet chocolate chips / 1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter / 1/2 cup peanut butter
1 stick unsalted butter / 1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla / 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar / 2 cups powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, add 5 cups of cereal and set aside.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter for 1 minute. Stir and microwave 30 seconds longer until mixture can be stirred smooth.
3. Stir in vanilla.
4. Pour mixture over cereal and stir gently until evenly coated. I use a wooden spoon.
5. Pour 1 cup of the powdered sugar into large zip lock bag. Pour the cereal mixture over it and remaining cup of powdered sugar on top.
6. Seal bag and shake until coated, gently squeezing to break up any large chunks.
7. Spread mixture over wax paper to cool for 5 minutes.
8. Repeat steps one more time for second batch. Store in air tight container.