My first recipe post! This is by far my most requested dessert for obvious reasons. I could eat Oreo anything really, and it seems as if most of the world agrees with me. I have made so many of these over the years - hundreds, maybe even thousands. I don't even want to think about how many I've actually eaten. I love experimenting with lots of different shapes, colors, and flavors, so keep on the lookout for new variations to this recipe for pretty much any occasion. They are always a big hit with everyone, and disappear faster than potato chips. If you haven't had one before, I would start right NOW!
1 package regular Oreos
6 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
16-24 oz white almond bark
1. Crush Oreos in food processor or crush in plastic bag.
2. Combine crushed Oreos and cream cheese in electric mixer until it forms a ball. Reserve a TB of crushed Oreo for garnish.
3. Roll mixture into balls. I use a small cookie scoop so all of them are the same size. Place on a cookie sheet or small tray.
4. Put a toothpick in the center of each ball and freeze 1 hour.
5. Melt the almond bark according to package directions stirring frequently. Do not microwave too long or chocolate will burn.
6. Twist each ball off frozen cookie sheet. Do not grab it by toothpick or it will come out of the ball.
7. Dip the balls in chocolate completely. Tap to remove excess chocolate and scrape bottom of the ball on side of bowl. Place on wax paper to harden.
8. Spin the toothpicks out once chocolate begins to harden.
9. Cover toothpick holes with almond bark covering top of ball so garnish will stick. Garnish with crushed Oreos.