Oatmeal Cream Pies
Updated: Oct 12, 2020
Recreating the Little Debbie classic!
For cookies -
1 stick unsalted butter (room temp)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup flour
1 - 1/2 cups quick oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine butter and sugar in an electric mixture and blend until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla. Scrape the sides of the bowl once again.
4. Gently blend in the remainder of the ingredients. Continue beating until a cookie dough ball forms. Using a cookie scoop, drop small dough balls onto a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 8 minutes, let cool at least 15 minutes before adding the cream filling - recipe below.
For cream filling -
4 TB unsalted butter (room temp)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup marshmallow fluff
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. Beat butter and sugar in an electric mixer until smooth.
2. Add vanilla and fluff and continue beating until creamy.
3. Match up the cookie into pairs so they are similar in size. Pour the frosting into a piping bag with a round tip, and fill to make cream pies.