Updated: Oct 12, 2020
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups flour
1 TB milk
Nutella for filling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg, vanilla, and almond extract. Continue beating until combined, scraping the sides often.
3. Slowly beat in the flour, cocoa powder and milk.
4. Roll dough into balls, then roll in sprinkles until completely coated.
5. Place balls on a greased cookie sheet. Make an indentation in the center of each ball using the back of a 1/2 teaspoon (dip in flour to avoid sticking).
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
7. Remove the cookies from oven. Repeat indentation in each cookie with 1/2 teaspoon while cookies are still warm. Cool completely before filling with Nutella.