This tangy slice of heaven is very similar to my classic white chocolate icebox cake that I whip up pretty often for the kiddos. I made a few tweaks adding a thin layer of lemon curd and a layer of golden Oreos. It's great for a crowd during any spring or summertime gathering and I think you will be pleasantly surprised by this variation. I'm not the biggest fan of lemon, or lemon flavored desserts but I certainly approve of this one. It is not by any means too "lemony" if thats a word, but the perfect balance of sweet and tart. No need to bake this cake as it softens itself overnight in the refrigerator. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy!
8 oz cream cheese (room temp)
2 (3.4 oz) packages vanilla instant pudding
2 - 1/2 cups milk
16 oz cool whip (thawed)
10 oz lemon curd
1 box honey graham crackers
25 lemon Golden Oreo Thins (crushed)
1. Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and dry pudding mixes until blended.
2. Gradually beat in milk 1/2 cup at a time. Make sure it is blended before adding the next half cup or it will become lumpy.
3. Spread 1 cup of cool whip evenly on the bottom of a 9x13 cake pan.
4. In a small bowl, add lemon curd. Whisk in 1 cup of Cool Whip and set aside.
5. Stir the rest of the cool whip into the pudding mixture until smooth.
6. Break each graham cracker in half (squares) and layer across the cake pan.
7. Spread a layer of pudding mixture over the graham crackers.
8. Place another layer of graham crackers over the pudding mixture. For the second layer, spread the lemon curd mixture evenly over the graham crackers.
9. Top with one more layer of graham crackers, then one final layer of the pudding mixture (you may not use all of it).
10. Sprinkle with crushed lemon Oreos. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight (I prefer overnight). The longer it sits the better it gets!
11. Store covered in the refrigerator. This cake rarely lasts more than a day!