Updated: Apr 18, 2019
So I'm happy to report this years Halloween Spooktacular was a success! I have a few new eerie additions for you guys that are pretty much TO DIE FOR. No really this garlic bread is. Stay tuned if you are in need of some last minute ideas, only 2 days left people! Mwahaha!
1 stick unsalted butter (left at room temp.)
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup mayonnaise
8 chopped green onions
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 can medium black olives (whole & pitted)
1 loaf french bread (I like the wider kind so you can fit more garlic spread!)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix all the ingredients together (except olives and bread). I find a whisk works pretty well.
3. Slice the french bread open down the middle.
4. Spread a generous amount of mixture on both sides of bread. Lay both pieces on a cookie sheet with the butter side facing up.
5. Bake for 20 minutes until bread is dark brown and crispy.
6. Remove from oven and top with spooky spider olives.
*Half olives for bodies, slice the other halves in strips for legs.