Updated: Apr 18, 2019
I told you I loved this cake! It is pretty similar to my original recipe but patriotic of course. I just arranged the fruit on top into a berry yummy flag design. You can also use strawberries in place of the raspberries, or blueberries in place of the blackberries. I am all about presentation so I just preferred the similar fruit shapes/sizes. Let freedom ring!
8 oz cream cheese (room temp)
2 (3.4 oz) packages vanilla instant pudding
2 - 1/2 cups milk
2 - 8 oz containers cool whip (thawed)
1 container fresh blackberries
2 containers fresh raspberries
1 box honey graham crackers
1. Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and dry pudding mixes until blended.
2. Gradually beat in milk 1/2 cup at a time. Make sure it is blended before adding the next half cup or it will become lumpy.
3. Gently stir in 8 oz cool whip. The other container will be used in the following steps.
4. Spread 1 cup of cool whip (from second container) evenly on the bottom of a 9x13 cake pan. Reserve the rest for piping on the stripes.
5. Break each graham cracker in half (squares) and layer across cake pan.
6. Spread a layer of pudding mixture over graham crackers, and top with another layer of graham crackers and pudding mixture once again.
7. Repeat above step one more time. There should be 3 layers total ending with pudding.
9. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight (I prefer overnight). The longer it sits the better it gets!
10. Just before serving, arrange blackberries in top left corner of pan. Continue the rows with raspberries. Once all the berries are in place, use the extra cool whip to pipe stripes in between the berries. I use a zip lock bag with the corner cut off. Store covered in refrigerator.