Updated: Oct 12, 2020
I used my all time favorite chocolate chips for this recipe - Hershey's Special Dark, so good!
1 stick unsalted butter (room temp)
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup Hershey's Special Dark chocolate chips (1 cup if you like more chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine butter and sugars in an electric mixture and blend until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla. Scrape the sides of the bowl once again.
4. Gently blend in the remainder of the ingredients, all but the chocolate chips. Continue beating slowly until a cookie dough ball forms. If not, you will have a chocolatey cloud of smoke! Lol
5. Once blended, beat in the chocolate chips. Using a cookie scoop, drop dough balls onto a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 8 minutes. They will still look soft, so let them cool about 5-10 minutes until they start to firm up. You can always bake a few minutes longer, but I prefer these cookies soft and ooey gooey!