Candy Corn Rice Krispies
Updated: Apr 18, 2019
I know I promised mostly easy recipes, but I'm going to just come out and say these are far from easy. It was actually a bit of a pain to make 3 different colored rice krispies, not to mention I'm not a rice krispie making girl either. I don't like the mixing process because it's so darn sticky and it always sounds like I'm crushing the cereal. They just turned out too cute not to share. So if you are feeling corny this Halloween I challenge you!
7 cups Rice Krispies cereal
6 cups mini marshmallows
4 TB unsalted butter
red and yellow food coloring
1. In a large bowl microwave marshmallows and butter 1 minute and stir.
2. Divide the marshmallow mixture into 3 bowls.
Bowl 1 - Half the mixture blended with yellow food coloring (dark yellow). Stir in 3-1/2 cups of cereal.
Bowl 2 - A little more than half the remaining marshmallow mixture blended with red/yellow food coloring (dark orange). Stir in 2 cups cereal.
Bowl 3 - Use the remainder of the marshmallow mixture. Stir in 1 - 1/2 cups cereal.
3. Spray cooking spray in a round cheesecake pan (or round cake pan). Coat your hands as well with cooking spray.
4. Using the yellow cereal mixture first, mold a tight ring on the outermost edge of the pan.
5. Keeping the cereal tightly packed, mold an orange ring on the inside of the yellow.
6. Fill in the rest of the pan with the white cereal mixture and pack tightly.
7. Let cool 30 minutes. Slice like a pie (8 slices).