Apple Pie Caramel Apples
Updated: Apr 18, 2019
Yay for another fall recipe! This has to be my favorite treat to buy at a pumpkin farm or grocery store during the season. I mean its an apple so it's good for you right? My husband and I love the gourmet apple pie apples at The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory so I wanted to try and replicate them for us. Luckily these don't cost $8 an apple!
4 green apples
4 popsicle sticks
20 oz unwrapped caramel squares
1 TB water
10 oz white chocolate (or almond bark)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Thoroughly wash and dry apples, remove stems and insert popsicle sticks.
2. In a non-stick pan, melt caramels with water on medium heat until smooth. Make sure you are constantly stirring the caramel to avoid burning.
3. Pour melted caramel into deep dish or mug.
4. Dip apples almost completely in caramel. Scrape off the bottoms on the side of dish.
5. Place the dipped apples on waxed paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. In a small bowl combine cinnamon and sugar.
7. Melt the white chocolate according to package directions.
8. Dip apples in chocolate and scrape the bottoms again.
9. Hold apple on its side, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar until evenly coated.
10. Place the apples on waxed paper and refrigerate for another 30 minutes before serving.