Updated: Jul 14, 2019
I was walking through Target the other day and came across something life changing. In the freezer section I spotted bags of Ben and Jerry's cookie dough chunks staring at me. Let's just say I knew instantly what flavor ice cream to make for the fourth of July weekend. I've made cookie dough (for ice cream) before so I was pretty excited I could eliminate this step. Not to mention Ben and Jerry's dough tastes so much better than anything I could create. I added some red and blue sprinkles to give it a patriotic vibe and I must say this is my favorite flavor to date!
1-1/2 bags Ben and Jerry's cookie dough chunks (large chunks cut in half)
1.5 oz tube red Wilton sprinkles
1.5 oz tube blue Wilton sprinkles
2 pasteurized eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup 2% milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
ice cream cones (optional)
1. Make sure your basin is frozen solid before starting your ice cream. Freeze the sprinkles and cookie dough until ice cream is ready.
2. Place all remaining ingredients in blender and mix well. This helps to make the ice cream extra creamy.
3. Transfer the mixture to your ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturers instructions.
4. Once the ice cream stiffens (with about 3 minutes remaining) pour in the sprinkles and add the cookie dough. After 3-5 more minutes the toppings should be evenly incorporated.
5. Transfer ice cream to an ice cream container (or air tight container). Freeze overnight for best consistency.