Updated: Apr 18, 2019
Nothing screams cozy autumn night more perfectly than a chili dish. Don't be fooled by the name as there are no ghost chiles in this dish, just trying to being festive here. This is by far my #1 most requested recipe of all time so hit the save button NOW. I predict you make this more than once this season (and whoever eats it will ask you for the recipe). This is the perfect fall dish to make for a crowd, football game, Halloween party, or our personal favorite - pumpkin carving night!
2 cans (14.5 oz) chicken broth
2 cans chopped green chilis
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 large onion (chopped)
2 TB butter
1 TB minced garlic
4 cans great northern beans (be sure to drain and rinse!)
1-1/2 rotisserie chickens (skin removed and shredded)
16 oz sour cream
3/4 cup whipping cream
1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese *optional
1. Combine broth, chilis, and seasoning in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions and minced garlic. Saute until onions are soft and fragrant, add to soup.
3. Add beans and shredded chicken to soup, stir.
4. Stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Heat for 10 additional minutes until chili is hot again.
5. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese if desired.